Chanson Water Ionizer Warranty
The following applies to Retail customers only. Click here to view our commercial warranty.
Purchaser must retain the original sales receipt and register the ionizer within 60 days of purchase either Register Online or by mailing in the card that came with the purchase. (Picture shows where you will find your serial number.)
We are so confident in the quality and craftsmanship of our water ionizers that we proudly offer a limited lifetime warranty for manufacturer defects on all Chanson Water® 7 and 9 plate ionizers, and a full parts and labor 3 year warranty on our 5 and 3 plate models. Warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and for ionizers sold by Chanson Water® USA or an authorized dealer of Chanson Water® USA.
Repair work can only be done through the Chanson Water® USA repair center in Laguna Hills, California or an authorized repair center. Never attempt to open or service a Chanson water ionizer, this will immediately void your warranty. Please thoroughly read the owners manual and watch the installation video before attempting to use your ionizer.
How the water ionizer warranty works:
- 7 and 9 plate models: The limited lifetime warranty covers any and/or all defective parts on all 7 and 9 plate models for the life of the ionizer (the life of the ionizer is calculated at 10 years). For the first five (5) years all parts and labor are covered. If you experience a problem with your ionizer during the first 60 days and it was purchased from Chanson Water USA we cover ground shipping each way.
- After the first 60 days, the customer is responsible for shipping both ways or may deliver it to a local authorized service center. After the first five (5) years have passed, the customer will have to pay for labor and freight charges but replacement parts remain free for the life of the ionizer (10 year period) as long as the problem is due to a manufacturing defect.
- 5 and 3 plate models: The warranty covers any and/or all defective parts our 5 and 3 plate models for the first 3 years. For the first three (3) years all parts and labor are covered. If you experience a problem with your ionizer during the first 60 days and it was purchased from Chanson Water USA we cover ground shipping each way. After the first 60 days, the customer is responsible for shipping both ways or may deliver it to a local authorized service center. After the first three (3) years have passed, the customer will have to pay for labor, parts and freight charges.
- The warranty covers all parts and labor as described above. If you experience a manufacturers defect with your ionizer during the first 60 days and it was purchased from Chanson Water USA we cover ground shipping each way. After the first 60 days, the customer is responsible for shipping both ways or may deliver it to a local authorized service center.
The warranty expressly covers all failures due to defects in materials and/or workmanship; which can occur during normal use. This is a “repair or replace” warranty, Chanson Water® USA will always attempt to repair your unit, if repair is not possible Chanson Water® USA will supply a replacement unit at its discretion. Normal wear and tear is not covered under the warranty.
Customers outside the USA take full responsibility for any shipping costs to and from repair center for warranty work and for any duties or customs fees incurred.
Water filtration system warranty:
All Chanson Water® filtration systemsare covered under our warranty. The warranty covers the filter housings, hoses and connectors. There are no exclusions to this warranty. Chanson Water USA, its manufacturer or its installers will not be responsible for subsequent damages caused by water leaks for any reason. Always be sure your water pressure and plumbing system are up to national plumbing code. Water pressure should never exceed 60 PSI. Filter replacement should never exceed 12 months.
For the Chanson Nano-Filtration System there is a one year warranty on the motor and all electrical parts.
When going on vacation or being away from home for any length of time it is advisable to shut water pressure to the house off. If this is not possible then shut the water supply to under sink filters off. When the installation is new check cabinet and filters for water leaks multiple times over the first week of install. Most plumbing leaks happen within the first 24 hours of install. We recommend having your filter installed by a licensed contractor.
What is not covered or what will void my warranty:
Warranty is void if casing of the faucet or ionizer has been opened. All Chanson ionizers and Chanson faucets are factory sealed. Please never attempt to service the machine yourself as this will void your warranty and could cause serious bodily harm.
Warranty does not cover
- Damage caused by: floods under the sink, or overhead plumbing leaks, which can cause water to enter the machine. Please be sure you have no plumbing leaks before installing the ionizer; we can provide repair at your expense for such an incident.
- Damage caused by: failure to replace filters in a timely manner. The filter not only cleans the water but also protects the ionizer from damage caused by particulates in the water. Filter replacement time should never exceed 14 months. Please refer to owner’s manual for specific details.
- Damages caused by: any mis-use or abuse, such as dropping the unit or knocking into the unit with heavy objects. See our Optional Accidental Damage Plan for the latter. Damages caused by: Lighting strikes, power surges, and faulty circuitry in customer’s electrical system or acts of God.
- The exterior finish on the machine or faucet. Our faucet finish is extremely durable and under normal use will last many years. Do NOT use harsh detergents or scrubbing type sponges to clean the faucet; a damp clean paper towel followed by a dry paper towel will restore a perfect finish to the faucet.
- Damage caused by: setting the TDS value over 14. There is a special adjustment of TDS in a back menu mentioned only on the installation video, this allows customers in different areas to fine tune the machine to their water hardness, 14 is the max setting allowed, never set the TDS value above this number.
- Damages caused by: commercial type usage. Chanson residential water ionizers are built to last however they are designed for residential use. Chanson ionizers have a 20-minute safety shut off to prevent floods from unattended use and damage to the unit. For the purpose of this Warranty, Chanson USA will consider commercial usage as; letting the machine run for more than 20 minutes at a time or for more than 4 hours a day total. (This usage is ok from time to time where special needs arise, but not as a daily routine.) If your needs will exceed these “residential” parameters please contact your dealer for “commercial use” product options. It is important to note, Chanson Water® USA does not expect residential use ionizers to fail under mild commercial uses, but cannot honor the warranty for use not intended by the manufacturer. If commercial use is needed, then consumer should choose a Chanson commercial grade ionizer such as the 9 plate Chanson Revolution, The Chanson Revolution is covered for 5 years from all manufacturer defects under commercial use. The Miracle, VS-70, Angel, Violet and Eden ionizers are all residential use products only.
- Damages caused by excessive water pressure. The water pressure of the customer’s home should not exceed 60 PSI (this is the national plumbing code standard for water pressure in all homes and is not a special request of Chanson Ionizers). Be sure to have your water pressure checked before installing. Call your local plumber for inspection, or for $10.00, you can purchase a water pressure gauge from your local Home Depot and test it yourself. The water pressure gauge simply screws onto any outside hose outlet and will show you your water pressure when turned on. If your water pressure exceeds 60 PSI, all of your plumbing appliances are in jeopardy, please take this seriously. (There is not a reputable plumbing appliance on the market that does not have this exclusion to their warranty, if you do not see it on other ionizer warranties you should be very suspicious.) We are not responsible for damages caused by leaking water under any circumstance.
What happens after the full coverage portion of the warranty has expired?
We are very proud to offer a maximum repair cost guarantee of $150.00 for all Chanson ionizers, which means that you will never be charged more than $150.00 labor per repair your machine after full coverage portion of the warranty has expired. We also offer lifetime free parts for our 7 and 9-plate models (5 and 3 plate models receive free parts for the first 3 years) if the parts have failed due to manufacturing defects. Customer is responsible for shipping charges to and from Chanson Water® USA.
Please refer to your owner’s manual for scheduled maintenance requirements.
We highly recommend that ionizers operating in hard water areas be cleaned by the customer with Chanson’s citric acid cleaning procedure no less than twice a year–or three times a year for heavy use–AND be sent in to the service/repair center for a thorough internal cleaning once every 2-3 years.
Currently the cost of this service is only $59.00 plus shipping costs. We highly recommend regular maintenance through a Chanson service/repair center because it will give you many more years of reliable service.
Limits and exclusions:
There are no express warranties except as listed above. The warrantor is not responsible for incidental or consequential damage; for or damages arising out of the use of any, unauthorized attachment. All express and implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose, are limited to the applicable warranty period.
Optional Accidental Damage Plan:
Your Chanson Water ionizer includes the limited lifetime warranty outlined above. However that doesn’t include repair of accidental damage. Accidents such as dropping your unit can be covered with our optional accidental damage program, your ionizer is fully covered. If you break it, we’ll fix it. You can have this peace of mind for up to 10 years for only $199. We will repair any damage occurred and get your unit back to you in no time. Our accidental damage plan may only be purchased within the first 90 days of your ionizer purchase and cannot be added on later. So buy now and rest assured that your new unit will be protected no matter what befalls it. Customer pays shipping both ways.
Directions for utilizing our warranty service:
This Warranty service is available by contacting Chanson USA or one of its authorized dealers. Customer must acquire a Return Authorization Number (RAN) and print a return receipt to include with the ionizer before shipping. And you must include the Return Instructions Form (RIF) when you send the ionizer in for repair or return.
Please never send in your ionizer for warranty or service without including the printed return authorization form inside the box (customer service will email this form to you). Contact: 1-888-624-2169 or submit your email for assistance.
Mail ionizer to:
2710 Windsor Forrest Dr
Louisville, Kentucky 40272
Chanson Water® also has warranty repair locations in the United Kingdom.
Warranty applies to residential usage only. Due to the heavier usage in a commercial environment and the lower likelihood of proper maintenance, commercial accounts have a full 5 year warranty on the Revolution and the Revolution is only intended to be sold for commercial use.
Warranty for the Water Dove Whole House Water Filter, Conditioner and Combo
Please thoroughly read the owner’s manual before attempting to install the Water Dove
system. We recommend using a licensed plumbing professional when installing the Water Dove.
Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer’s defects:
Chanson Water USA warrants to the end user (“customer”) that the tanks, valves in/out
heads, bypass’s, fittings, media and housings (“covered items”) will be free from defects
in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the life of the system. No
warranty is made with respect to defects or damaged due to neglect, misuse or abuse
including dropping the tanks, alterations, accidents, misapplication, physical damage
caused by earthquakes, weather effects, installation on water quality outside guidelines
for system or damage caused by fire, acts of God or freezing.
Private Well Water Conditions (water supplied from homeowner’s private well): The
water treated should be free of hydrogen sulfide (sulfur gas / rotten egg smell), oils or
high levels of copper (>1.30 mg/L). If any iron or manganese is present in the source
water, the media will cause it to be oxidized. If any of these issues exist, you should
employ pre-treatment prior to using this technology.
These warranties apply only to the original registered owner so long as the owner
owns/lives in the home in which the unit was originally installed. Customer must register
their system with Chanson Water USA within 90 days of purchase in order to obtain a
warranty. Warranty will discontinue after the unit is removed from the location where it
was originally installed. Warranty begins on the date of delivery of product to the
customer. Improper maintenance of system (I.E. not replacing filters or media) on time
will be considered “neglect”. Installation of any system on water conditions outside of or
beyond the recommended specs of any system voids any warranty.
Water Dove systems have a 90 money back performance guarantee. Refund includes a
10% restocking fee. Return shipping is covered by the customer.
Water Leak Liability Statement
All Chanson Water® products are built to last. Housings, hoses and fittings on all pre-filters are covered by our lifetime warranty.
Neither Chanson Water Inc, a USA corporation or Chanson Taiwan, a Taiwanese manufacturer makes any warranty as to damages caused by water leaks of any kind. Chanson will not be responsible for any damages caused by leaking water for any reason.
This includes work done by Chanson employees or hired contractors.
Always check the water pressure of your home and assure it does not exceed national plumbing code of 45 PSI. A maximum of 60 PSI is acceptable for Chanson filters. Be sure all plumbing codes in your home are up to national standards.
It is a good idea to check under your sink daily and inspect for water leaks especially when the product is new. This would apply to any brand water filter. 90% of all product water leaks occur within the first 12 hours of installation, if you are not going to be home and able to check on the filters during this time, please turn the water supply to the filters off, until you will be home for 12 hours or more.
Always shut the water pressure to the filter or to your entire home off when going away on vacation or even for a day trip to avoid unexpected floods.
A water leak detection device is available from your Chanson supplier that will sound an alarm if water leaks are detected. Chanson does not guarantee or warrantee this product to perform and makes no claims on it whatsoever.
By installing any Chanson pre-filter or water ionizer you agree to hold Chanson harmless for any water damage caused by leaking water for any reason.