This is the 26th installment of our alkaline foods series where we feature a food from A-Z, sharing the benefits of the food along with suggested recipes to try!
Z is for Zucchini
Zucchini is rich in fiber, water, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, calcium, copper and potassium.
Zucchini promotes health in many ways. It:
- Has antioxidant properties
- Supports a healthy immune system
- May prevent cellular damage
- Normalizes blood pressure
- Aids in digestion
- Prevents constipation
- Curbs overeating
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
Zucchini recipes to try:
- Raw Zucchini Salad
- Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Veggie Mexican Lasagna
- Zucchini Muffins
- Summer Salad
- Zucchini Rolls
- Vegetable Tian
- Lentil “Bolognese” with Zucchini Noodles
For more alkaline recipes from around the web, visit and follow our Alkaline Diet & Recipes Pinterest board. See previous alkaline foods series posts.
Click here to grab your free Chanson Water Alkaline/Acid Food Charts!