This is the 25th installment of our alkaline foods series where we feature a food from A-Z, sharing the benefits of the food along with suggested recipes to try!
Y is for Yellow squash
Yellow squash is rich in vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, fiber, folate, copper, manganese, riboflavin and phosphorus.
NOTE: All types of squash are alkaline.
Yellow squash promotes health in many ways. It:
- Has anti-aging properties
- Guards against cancer
- Promotes eye health
- Reduces risk of heart attack and stroke
- May reduce blood pressure
- Aids in digestion
- Promotes a healthy prostate
- Builds healthy bones
Squash recipes to try:
- Roasted Yellow Squash Salad
- Yellow Squash Crepes
- Yellow Squash and Peppers
- Winter Squash with Spiced Butter and Pomegranate
- Garlicy Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Soup
- Cinnamon and Maple Roast Butternut Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Marinara
- Veggie Mexican Lasagna