This is the 24th installment of our alkaline foods series where we feature a food from A-Z, sharing the benefits of the food along with suggested recipes to try!
X is for Xylitol
Xylitol is a natural sugar substitute made from birch bark that looks and tastes like white cane sugar but doesn’t come with nasty health problems like diabetes and obesity.
Xylitol promotes health in many ways. It:
- Builds immunity
- Promotes oral health
- May reverse bone loss
- Naturally stabilizes insulin
- Protects against chronic degenerative disease
- Has anti-aging benefits
- Is antimicrobial
Xylitol recipes to try:
You can use xylitol whenever sugar is called for in a recipe at a 1:1 ratio.
- Almond Cookies
- Zucchini Muffins
- Sugar-Free Black Bean Brownies
- Green Drink
- Organic Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad