This is the 21st installment of our alkaline foods series where we feature a food from A-Z, sharing the benefits of the food along with suggested recipes to try!
U is for Udo’s Choice
Udo’s Choice is a commercial blend of oils rich in omega 3, 6 and 9 and a great source of essential fats. You can use it as a dietary supplement or to make salad dressings or substitute for other oils in recipes that do not require frying, baking, or other high temperature cooking.
Udo’s Choice promotes health in many ways. It:
- Increases energy, performance and stamina
- Helps build muscle
- Strengthen the immune system
- Has anti-inflammatory effects
- Lowers risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- Improves brain function and vision
- Aids in weight loss
- Regulates normal function of organs and glands
- Speeds recovery and healing
- Support healthy child development
- Improves digestion
- Decreases risk of infection
- Keeps bones strong
- Protects genetic material
- Ease PMS symptoms
- Supports growth of beautiful skin, hair, and nails
Recipes to try:
Can substitute whenever oil is called for in a recipe (with the exception of baking).
For more alkaline recipes from around the web, visit and follow our Alkaline Diet & Recipes Pinterest board. Stay tuned for the next installment of our alkaline foods series: V is for Vine-Ripened Tomatoes.