This is the 2oth installment of our alkaline foods series where we feature a food from A-Z, sharing the benefits of the food along with suggested recipes to try!
T is for Tofu
Tofu is a vegan meat substitute that is rich in protein, calcium, vitamin E, omega 3s, iron, manganese, copper and fiber. Due to widespread criticism of genetically modified soybeans dominating the market, we recommend only consuming organic soy products in moderation.
Tofu promotes health in many ways. It:
- Has anti-cancer properties
- May lower cholesterol
- Alleviates symptoms of menopause
- Lowers risk of atherosclerosis, hypertension and cardiovascular diseases
- Strengthens bones
- Combats premature aging
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
Tofu recipes to try:
- Avocado Tofu Breakfast Burrito
- Creamy Romaine Salad
- 15-Minute Healthy Sautéed Asparagus and Tofu
- Barbequed Tofu
- Grilled Tofu
For more alkaline recipes from around the web, visit and follow our Alkaline Diet & Recipes Pinterest board. Stay tuned for the next installment of our alkaline foods series: U is for Udo’s Choice.
Click here to grab your free Chanson Water Alkaline/Acid Food Charts!