This is the 19th installment of our alkaline foods series where we feature a food from A-Z, sharing the benefits of the food along with suggested recipes to try!
S is for Spinach
Spinach is rich in dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin K, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium.
Spinach promotes health in many ways. It:
- Aids in digestion
- Prevents constipation
- Maintains low blood sugar
- Curbs overeating
- Has anti-cancer properties
- Promotes healthy skin
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Fights atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Promotes a healthy nervous system and optimal brain function
- Fights osteoporosis, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure
- Protects the eyes from cataracts and age-related macular degeneration
- Protects and strengthens mucous membranes, respiratory, urinary and intestinal tracts
- Fight infection
- Lowers blood pressure
Spinach recipes to try:
- Veggie Mexican Lasagna
- Green Machine Smoothie
- Veggie Wrap or Pita Pocket
- Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Virgin Green Pina Colada Smoothie
- Cucumber Pear Salad with Lime Rosemary Dressing
- Veggie Pita Pizza
- Green Giant Juice
- Eggplant Marinara
- Green Juice
- Green Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For more alkaline recipes from around the web, visit and follow our Alkaline Diet & Recipes Pinterest board. Stay tuned for the next installment of our alkaline foods series: T is for Tofu.
Click here to grab your free Chanson Water Alkaline/Acid Food Charts!