This is the 11th installment of our alkaline foods series where we feature a food from A-Z, sharing the benefits of the food along with suggested recipes to try!
K is for Kale
Kale contains fiber, calcium, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.
Kale promotes health in many ways. It:
- Has antioxidants with anti-cancer health benefits
- Is rich in the eye-health promoting lutein and zeaxanthin compounds
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels
- Has detoxification properties
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Aids in bone health
- Helps normal blood clotting
- Has anti-inflammatory properties which fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders
Kale recipes to try:
- Green Juice
- Green Giant Juice
- Simple Kale and Black Bean Burritos with Avocado
- Kale Avocado Salad
- Raw Kale Salad With Apple, Avocado & Balsamic Dressing
Other alkaline foods that start with K:
For more alkaline recipes from around the web, visit and follow our Alkaline Diet & Recipes Pinterest board. Stay tuned for the next installment of our alkaline foods series: L is for Lemons & Limes.
Click here to grab your free Chanson Water Alkaline/Acid Food Charts!
Nice idea to have this blog and share alkaline recipes. I post alkaline recipes on my blog, at cookalkaline.com.