This is the ninth installment of our alkaline foods series where we feature a food from A-Z, sharing the benefits of the food along with suggested recipes to try!
I is for Ionized Alkaline Water
Ionized alkaline water can be made using a small kitchen appliance called a water ionizer. It hooks up directly to your tap and restructures the water using the process of electrolysis.
Ionized alkaline water promotes health in many ways. It:
- Helps regulate the body’s internal pH
- Detoxifies your cells
- Provides increased energy and better sleep
- Is up to six times more hydrating than regular water
- Provides faster recovery from injuries, and fewer aches and pains
- Is naturally able to support weight loss
- May help decrease incidences and lengths of colds and flus
- Provides greater mental focus and enhanced memory
Ionized Alkaline Water recipes to try:
Start using ionized alkaline water whenever water is called for in a recipe.
- How to Use Ionized Water to Enhance Beverages
- Ways to Jazz up the Flavor of Water
- 7 Tips to Help You Stay Hydrated
- Save Time & Money on Your Juicing & Smoothie Making
For more alkaline recipes from around the web, visit and follow our Alkaline Diet & Recipes Pinterest board. Stay tuned for the next installment of our alkaline foods series: J is for Jicama.